Basements are often considered the homes of insects, including various insects such as spiders, cockroaches, millipedes, beetles, silverfish, and ants. These bugs have distinctive features and characteristics, so the eliminating pattern also differs.
However, to eliminate the bugs from the basements, you must first know the types found in an area. There are various pest control experts whom you can consult for better guidance. Before learning about the types of bugs, we should know what are the causes of bugs, especially in the basement.
What are the causes of bug infections in the basements?
There are various factors like moisture, lack of ventilation, or inadequate sanitation for this infestation of insects. Moisture in the basement is high, and there are some damp environments for the propagation of the insects. When there is less ventilation, the moisture increases and leads to the breeding of insects and bugs.
Poor sanitation or lack of cleanliness, such as leftover food, bug infestation, or other elements, are sources of insects. They attract pests towards themselves due to the untidy environment. If there is water accumulation, it also promotes the pests’ infections. Therefore by learning these, you must now know the types of bug infections in the basements.
What are the most common bugs found in the basement?
- Spiders are generally the most harmless and frightening insects in the basement. Spiders feed on other insects and are commonly found in the basements because it is the most untapped area in the house. They make their webs on the walls and in the corners.
- Centipedes and millipedes are long, multi-legged insects that feed on other insects and organic matter. They are found in the damp, lurk basement regions, and they damage the stored items extensively.
- Cockroaches are also a type of bug which are generally found in the basements. They can pose a severe health risk because they are disease-causing bacteria that can contaminate your food.
- Ants and beetles are also present in the basements and can destroy your stored food items.
- Silverfish or other wingless insects are also found in these areas, which are hazardous to health. They can destroy the basement and other house structures, such as books, wallpapers, and other items.
So, certain types of bugs are found in the basement. It is always recommended that you consult pest control agencies if there is an increase in pests so that it does not affect your health.